Horticulture Level 2 & Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship
Typical duties at work will include:
- Establishing and maintaining plant growth
- Nursery work
- Maintenance of decorative grass areas and paths
- Tree planting and woodland maintenance
- Maintenance of machinery
You will spend six, two week blocks during your training at Elmwood College in Cupar. Subjects studied will include propagating plants, maintaining decorative areas and machinery maintenance.
Level 3 involves a further eight, one week college blocks. During the programme candidates will be employed in a supervising capacity in gardening.
The course takes two years for the Level 2 Modern Apprenticeship and an additional two years for the Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship.
- Block release to Elmwood College
- Workplace assessments
- Compilation of Portfolio of Evidence
- Completion of various short courses
Qualifications you will acquire:
- SVQ Level 2 MA Horticulture
- SVQ Level 3 MA Horticulture
Personal qualities, skills and qualifications:
- Ideally applicants will have studied to Standard Grade level in subjects such as Maths, English and Science, although these are not essential
- A mature outlook and willingness to work as a team are essential
- Candidates must be physically able for horticultural tasks and be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers